Tuesday 8 April 2014

More Easter Treats!

Hey there!

I thought I'd share some photographs of the Easter Treat projects that I designed especially for the Stampin' Up! UK Stampissimo video that I shared with you in my last post... come and have a look:
 
This is the Crocus Treat Pouch that I made, step-by-step, on the video:



 
And here is a close-up of the cello bag:
 
 
 
On this one I stamped the "Happy Easter" sentiment from the very versatile "Delightful Dozen" stamp set with my white Stazon ink pad. On the one I showed you how to make in the video, I changed it up a bit and stamped that cello bag with one of the flowers from the very popular "Petite Petals" stamp set. (Be careful that you use a food-safe cello bag like the ones that Stampin' Up! sell, though, if you are putting unwrapped food items in them like I have here.)
 
Next is the little Daffodil (or should that be narcissi?!) Miniature Easter Egg Holder which is made in a very similar way to the above Crocus Pouch but with the addition of a little upside-down tray to hold the egg in place:



I show you how to make this in the video too. It uses the fabulous Scallop Tag Topper Punch, the Petite Petals Punch and the really useful (and time-saving) Fringe Scissors - all of which are in the gorgeous 2014 Spring/Summer catalogue.
 
I think that these would make lovely table-setting gifts - you could stamp, print or write your guests' names on the little banner instead of the Happy Easter that I stamped using the  Teeny Tiny Sentiments stamp set. I am sure that you could also change the size up for a bigger egg if you wanted the gift to be a bit more generous, chocolate-wise!!
 
I got a little bit carried away with the punch art theme when I was designing these projects, but I couldn't leave out the Easter Bunny, now could I? Here he is:


I must confess that I have left the bunny's face blank, because whatever I tried just seemed to make it look cross-eyed, demonic or scary like the Were-Rabbit from the Wallace and Gromit film - so I just left it clean and simple... and plain. But, seeing as this bucket gift bag can house more chocolate treats than the other two treat holders can, I hope I am forgiven for leaving the bunny without a face?! hehe
 
 
The final two projects were a couple of 8"x8" (20.5cm x20.5cm) scrap book pages that I have turned into home decor pieces by placing them in 9"x9" (23.5cm) box frames:


 
 
The wording on these is stamped using the Notable Alphabet stamp set (for the larger letters) and the really useful, but perhaps over-looked, Simply Serif Mini Alphabet stamp set - which I use a lot for scrapbooking and for adding names onto special birthday cards etc.


Snowdrops are my absolute, all-time favourite flowers, as the optimistic arrival of their delicate pure white and bright green flowers, in the dull and dreary, early part of the year, is the first cheery sign that Spring will indeed at last be on it's way soon! They never fail to bring a smile to my face! :O)
 
Well, that's it for today, I hope that I have put a smile on your face and inspired you to make some of the above cute Spring and Easter projects.
 
I shall be back soon with some more Easter ideas and instructions on how to make the Easter Bunny bucket gift bag too...
 
Until then, happy crafting everyone!
 
Lucy x
 
 
All the Stampin' Up! products can be purchased on my online-shop, as long as you are from the UK, France, Germany, Austria or the Netherlands, and will be delivered direct to your door! Alternatively, please contact me directly to place an order if you prefer, and I shall place the order for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment