Wednesday 24 June 2015

Thank you with a Cherry On Top and some chocolate too!

Today I thought I'd share another project that I made recently, using the gorgeous Cherry On Top Designer Series Paper Stack: a pretty thank you card plus a small, wrapped and decorated bar of very delicious, lime and chilli dark chocolate. Come and take a look:

Here is the card and the envelope: (You may recognise the hearts from another couple of recent posts... I got a bit carried away with the stamping and punching that day, so, waste-not-want-not, hey?)




Here is a photograph of the decorated chocolate bar alongside the card and envelope:




The card was so easy and quick to make - just a few strips of Cherry On Top DSP glued onto a notecard; a stamped thank you sentiment; a few of the stamped and punched hearts on dimensionals and then 'Bob's your Uncle', as they say! I must confess now though, that the two strips along the bottom of the card were to cover a little accidental, inky finger-print mistake... Oops! I stand by the motto of "It's not a mistake, it's an opportunity for embellishment!" and I think that actually it adds a little extra something to the card (and shows off more of the paper stack designs at the same time too, don't you think?).




I do love all of the designs in the Cherry On Top DSP, they are so bright, cute and cheery! Talking of cute, here is a close up of the bow on the decorated chocolate bar:




I think that the mini heart, polka-dot style, patterned paper is one of my favourite designs from the Cherry On Top DSP stack. It is just so pretty. The Bow Builder Punch is such a fantastic way of making really cute and quick bows for your paper-crafted projects - I am so glad that it has carried over to the new Annual Stampin' Up! Catalogue. I use mine a lot!

The paper I used to wrap the chocolate bar with is the brand new, fabby Envelope Paper (in Watermelon Wonder) - as you can see, this new paper is not just for envelopes! It is a lighter weight than the regular DSP, but is still strong. It has a slight sheen to it too - which you can just see on the top of the above photograph. I love that it co-ordinates so well with the Cherry On Top papers and the In Color inks.

Here are the weekly deals for this week (24th -30th June 2015): Click here to go to my shop to see them in more detail.


I can highly recommend the fast fuse adhesive as I use it a LOT! It made covering my recent decorated notebooks a total breeze. I have both the Six-sided Sampler and the Work Of Art stamp sets and find them so useful for so many different projects. I think the "splodges" from Work Of Art are SO useful and I love how the Six-Sided Sampler matches the Hexagon Punch so beautifully... I don't have the Choose Happiness set though, but have seen some stunning cards made with it, so I am rather tempted to buy it for myself. It has been on my wish list for a while now, actually, so I might just choose to get a little happiness in my craft stash at that bargain price! I am definitely going to get another Fast Fuse (or two!) as I have a habit of losing things in my stash quite often and it's one of my crafting essentials, so I don't want to risk not finding some when I need it! Ooer! Better to be safe than sorry, eh?! 

Well, that's it for today, hope you like today's project and the Weekly Deals? Don't forget that time is running out if you want to get yourself TWO FREE STAMP SETS by joining my team! You only have until 30th June to take up this fantastic offer!





Until next time, happy crafting everyone!

Lucy x



No comments:

Post a Comment